Send It Secure for Windows
Send Encrypted Email from Practice Management, EHR’s, and other Windows Applications
Send It Secure for Windows enables you to encrypt and email x-rays, patient information for referrals, and other PHI from many practice management, EHR, and other Windows applications in a secure, HIPAA-compliant manner.
This is made possible by Send It Secure making itself the default mail client on your computer when installed. This means that when a compatible Windows application generates an email, a new Send It Secure message will be composed in a web browser window waiting for you to click Send, without requiring Microsoft Outlook.
To send an encrypted email from your EHR or other compatible software…
- Download and install Send It Secure for Windows.
- From inside your EHR (or other application), create an email using the built-in email function.
- If prompted, enter your Send It Secure email address and password.
- Wait a moment for the Send It Secure compose page to open in a web browser.
- Enter any additional recipients or content in the message and click Send.