Outlook Add-in Sent Items setting Send to Inbox
When working with the Send It Secure by Protected Trust support team to troubleshoot an issue with the Outlook Add-in saving items to the sent folder, adjusting the Sent Items setting can be a helpful tool.
Steps to adjust Save to Sent Folder settings when using the Microsoft Outlook Add-in
- Open the Outlook Desktop App
- From the Protected Trust drop menu, select Options
On the Protected Trust Options, click on the Advanced Options link in the bottom left corner
- On the Advanced Options, click on the Outlook Add-in tab, then for Sent Items select SendToInbox, and click the Close button
- The Send It Secure server will now send the Sent Notification to the Inbox, instead of the Add-in saving the item directly to the Sent Folder
- A simple Outlook Rule to move the Sent Notification to the Sent Folder should make the process seamless for the end-user.
Example of the Outlook Rule: